You may get
JetProfile connection error: SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: java.security.SignatureException: Signature length not correct: got 256 but was expecting 512
java.security.cert.CertificateException: java.security.SignatureException: Signature does not match.
error when trying to login with your JetBrains account, here are the possible causes and workarounds:
- Proxy server between you and our server (https://account.jetbrains.com/) that intercepts SSL traffic and substitutes our certificate with its own one, which is different and will not be accepted by the IDE. Note that this proxy server may be completely transparent to you and may work without any explicit proxy configuration in your system. Please contact your organization IT helpdesk or ISP support to get it resolved.
- Make sure there is no -Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false in the product .vmoptions.
- If you are using Linux, your JDK may have incomplete keystore without thawte CA, therefore, JDK can't verify SSL certs from our server. Please see this issue for details. You can install Oracle JDK 1.8 and configure IDE to use this new JDK installation instead of the system JDK. Make sure to install manually from Oracle site. JDK installed by the package manager will use the same cacerts file that may be incomplete or even empty/corrupted.
- IBM JDK will have issues connecting to account server, please use Oracle JDK or OpenJDK.
- Another option is to obtain offline key from the account and enter it in the registration dialog. This is not available for student/academic accounts.
- If you are using an old product version (before 24 August 2014), it will not be able to connect to account server, please update to a more recent product version or contact support for the special build of the product with a fix for this problem.
If this issue prevents you from converting your license to a new format, please use a web site form instead.